I help people become Intuitive Eaters — so they can stop obsessing about numbers and weight, and start eating in a way that’s satisfying for their body and mind. If you would like to break free from food prison, and feel more confident about your eating, you’re in the right place.
I grew up in the restaurant industry (in my Vietnamese mom’s NY-style Jewish delis in Texas…long story), and knew I wanted to become a dietitian since 8th grade.
Back then, my thinking was simply, “You mean there’s a job where I can talk about food and help people — without the restaurant hours? I’m in!”
I moved to Seattle from Dallas about 13 years ago to earn my master’s in nutrition at Bastyr, thinking the school’s holistic approach would complement my conventional undergraduate training in nutrition. (I was right.)
Before moving to Seattle, I helped formulate multivitamins and other supplements. And I’m a proud co-founder of Zing bars, a line of energy bars available nationwide.
Today, I feel like I’m finally home professionally, coaching people to a healthier relationship with food at Mindful Nutrition.
An Evidence-Based Approach
My approach to nutrition is backed by research and clinical experience.
Food doesn’t have to be a huge source of stress in your life. And you don’t have to give up your favorite foods to be healthy (or only eat them on “cheat days”).
I help people learn how to ultimately become their own food expert, using an
evidence-based approach called Intuitive Eating (now backed by over 50 studies).
Rather than constantly looking outside of yourself for answers, I’ll show you how to tune into yourself. Becoming an Intuitive Eater is a gateway to gaining more self-trust.
It Actually Makes Perfect Sense Why You’re Eating the Way You Are
What you’re doing makes perfect logical sense. You might not think that now but once you understand more about biology and psychology, it’ll become clearer.
By understanding the biological and psychological “whys” behind your habits (beyond “I’m an emotional eater”), my hope is that you’ll naturally become more compassionate toward yourself.
When you work with me, you’ll discover new ways of thinking about food and move closer to your own personal wellness vision. You’ll experiment with what you learn in a session and incorporate it in your real life — where the real learning happens.
I’ve helped guide clients to get off the diet rollercoaster, stop beating themselves up about food, practice more self-compassion, and truly enjoy eating again — in a way that feels good to their body and mind.
A Bit More About Me
Aside from work, I love trying new restaurants, relaxing at kid-friendly happy hours, and people-watching at the Ballard Farmer’s Market.
You’ll also find me cooking for friends; practicing yoga; singing karaoke; catching episodes of Transparent, TopChef, and Super Soul Sunday; and hanging out with my husband and toddler son.
- Master’s in Nutrition (with emphasis on clinical counseling) – Bastyr University ‘05
- Bachelor’s in Nutrition & Dietetics + Internship – Texas Christian University ’01
Credentials & Key Trainings
- Nationally Registered & State Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (since 2001)
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDRD) through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Self-Compassion 2-Day Training – with researcher and author Kristin Neff, PhD
- Health At Every Size (HAES) 5-Day Facilitator Training – with co-authors Linda Bacon, PhD and Lucy Aphramor, PhD, RD
- Certified Health & Wellness Coach through Wellcoaches, endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine
- Decoding Disordered Eating & Weight-Related Behaviors – 8-week training with Dr. Barbara Birsinger
- Certified Intuitive Eating Provider:
- Supervision with either Intuitive Eating Co-Creators Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD or Elyse Resch, MS, RD, FADA, CEDRD – 2007- present
- Intuitive Eating 2.0 Professional Training with Evelyn Tribole – Newport Beach, CA
- Intuitive Eating Pro Skills Training
- Intuitive Eating Intensive Workshop with Elyse Resch– Beverly Hills, CA
- Intuitive Eating Workshop for Professionals with Tribole and Resch – Los Angeles, CA