Life’s too short to constantly stress about food.
Right now, you might be thinking:
- I’m tired of food and body worries taking up so much headspace. I have more important things to think about!
- I cycle between feeling in control of what I eat (“good”) and feeling completely out of control with food (“bad”). Why do I keep doing this??
- Food is my go-to when I’m stressed. The worst part is how I feel about myself afterwards.
- Even though I read all the books and articles and listen to podcasts on intuitive eating, anti-diet, and health at every size, I feel stuck on how to apply these concepts in my own life (…or I’ve only heard of these terms and feel intrigued!).
- I’m goal-oriented and kick butt in other areas of my life (at least pre-covid), and it’s driving me crazy that my relationship with food is an energy suck. This is not how I want to live.
Imagine trusting yourself to know how to eat — without food rules or dieting.
Interested? Learn more about my practice here or stay connected by signing up for my newsletter for monthly-ish insights below.
I’ve been talking to lots of clients lately about their body budget, a concept I learned from Lisa Feldman Barrett, PhD, one of the most cited researchers in the world. She writes: “Your brain runs your body using something like a budget. A financial budget tracks...
It took me six years to complete an 11-month yoga certification training. My mind intellectually knew the importance of having a growth mindset (mistakes are part of learning, the important thing is to try, etc), but the gap between the amateur I was and the teacher I...
A few summers ago, our family was finishing up dinner outside, everyone done eating except my then 4-year old son. I remember this exchange with him: Levi: Mom, what's that feeling called? Me: What feeling? Levi: That feeling when you're full but you don't want to...