Hi, I’m Minh-Hai (“Min-Hi”) and I’m so glad you’re here.
I love working with people on their relationship with food not because I’m so interested in nutrition but because it’s truly life-changing work. It’s a privilege and joy to support my clients towards feeling more ease, confidence, pleasure and freedom with food.
Struggling with food can feel like having a dark cloud constantly following you, even if things appear okay on the outside. Maybe a part of you thinks you can keep coasting this way for a long time, but I truly believe you deserve to “not merely survive, but to thrive,” as Maya Angelou famously said.
My approach is strengths-based, weight-inclusive (Health At Every Size based) and grounded in cultural humility. I recognize the harmful impacts of fatphobia, weight stigma and other forms of oppression that impact how our society views bodies, health and worthiness. I especially enjoy supporting people struggling with chronic dieting and stress or binge eating.
I’m also a yoga teacher and grateful to be able to offer breathing and movement tools to support your presence, embodiment and wellbeing. Both my nutrition therapy and yoga teaching are trauma-informed and influenced by a wide range of teachings and modalities. By working together, I hope you’ll be able to gain compassion, insight and tools to allow you to feel more resourced and confident about how you feed and care for yourself.
A Bit About Me
I grew up in the restaurant industry (in my Vietnamese Catholic mom’s NY-Style Jewish delis in Dallas, TX…long story) and knew I wanted to become a registered dietitian since the 8th grade.
Back then, my thinking was simply, “You mean there’s a job where I can talk about food and help people without the restaurant hours? I’m in!”
Since then, I’ve helped formulate multivitamins and supplements and co-founded Zing bars, a line of energy bars available nationwide. I’m now grateful to be doing work I truly love, coaching people to a better relationship with their food, body and mind.
I’m also a partner and mom to two curious boys. I love listening to podcasts, taking walks, sharing meals with friends, reading, writing, and catching episodes of Succession, Indian Matchmaking and TopChef.
Professional Background & Selected Trainings
- Nationally certified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Washington State Certified Dietitian
- Master of Science in Nutrition with Clinical Counseling Emphasis from Bastyr University
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Coordinated Program in Dietetics from Texas Christian University
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor + years of supervision with Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, co-creator of Intuitive Eating
- Advanced Counseling Skills in Somatic Nutrition Therapy with Tracy Brown, RDN
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), Whole Life Yoga
- Yoga trainings in eating disorder recovery, trauma-informed yoga & somatics, and polyvagal theory
- The Coaching Way with Tara Mohr
- Member of Association for Size Diversity & Health (ASDAH)
Learn more about what to expect and how you can
I have referred more clients to Minh-Hai than I can count. The consistent response from my clients is that she “gets them.” Minh-Hai is one of the most gifted dietitians I have worked with in my 20 year eating disorder treatment career