- Once we decide to work together, what’s the next step?
- Do you accept insurance?
- How do I check to see if my insurance plan covers nutrition?
- What are your rates?
- What are your nutrition specialties?
- How often do I need to see you?
- Are you LGBT-friendly?
- Will you collaborate with my other healthcare providers?
- What’s your cancellation policy?
- Is there parking nearby?
Once we decide to work together, what’s the next step?
After we determine we’re a good fit for what you need, you’ll receive digital forms from SimplePractice to review and fill out anytime before we meet.
For telehealth appointments, you’ll also receive a link to our telehealth appointment ~ 36 hours before we meet. If you don’t see the link for any reason, please contact me.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, these are the insurance plans I’m contracted with (listed under my maiden name Minh-Hai Tran):
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Kaiser – PPO Plans only
Please check out the details for nutrition coverage for your individual plan as you’ll be responsible for what they don’t cover – I don’t want you to get any surprise bills from my billing company.
How do I check to see if my insurance plan covers nutrition?
If you’d like to learn more about your nutrition coverage, call the member services number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions:
- Does my plan cover outpatient nutrition counseling (CPT codes 97802 & 97803)?
- If yes, how many sessions are covered?
- Does my plan cover visits only that are “medically necessary?” If so, what does my plan consider “medically necessary?”
- Does my plan cover nutrition counseling under the ICD-10 code “Z71.3?” If not, is there another code that is covered instead?
- Do I have a deductible to meet first?
- If yes, how much?
- Do I need a physician referral?
- What is my co-pay or coinsurance amount, if any, for outpatient nutrition counseling?
What are your rates?
Intitial Nutrition Assessment Session (75-min): $225
Follow-Up Visits (50-55 min): $160
What are your nutrition specialties?
I specialize in:
- Binge Eating Disorder or Compulsive Overeating
- Chronic Dieting
- Emotional Eating
- Intuitive Eating
- Health At Every Size
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Promoting Well-Being & a Healthy Relationship with Food
How often do I need to see you?
I have clients that I see weekly, biweekly, monthly, and as needed. At first, we may need to schedule the first couple of appointments based on our schedules, and then we can assess the level of frequency that would best support you. As you progress with your relationship with food, we can experiment with having more time between sessions, until you feel like you’re in a great place and can schedule as needed.
Are you LGBTQ-friendly?
Absolutely. I aim to provide inclusive care for all identities, genders and backgrounds.
Will you collaborate with my other healthcare providers?
Yes, I prefer to collaborate with your other providers to ensure you get the highest quality of care. Those struggling with eating disorders need at minimum, a dietitian and therapist specializing in eating disorders, and a primary care provider.
What’s your cancellation policy?
Please allow at least 48 hours’ notice before cancelling so that I may be able to schedule another client at that time slot. I will charge $75 to your card on file for late cancellations or no shows.
Is there parking nearby?
There’s free street parking nearby. Please know the parking behind the building is strictly monitored and only for the building tenants. There’s also a nearby bus line to my office.